Sunday, August 2, 2009

To Bike or Not to Bike, That is the Question...


So, I took this weekend for some much needed "Mandy time" and I'm glad that I did. I also unfortunately took a nap today so it's midnight and I'm still up :( Of course, I have a mission...

I went and looked at bikes today and am thinking about getting one. Just a simple little bike that I can ride on the Greenway or something. No mountain-y kind of things here people! I want something that I can put a cute basket on or maybe even a cute little bell.

I, of course, have no idea what I'm doing. I had a bike growing up but we mostly rode it in the basement because we lived on a big hill out in the country and there really wasn't anywhere else to ride it. It was a pink Huffy with a banana seat. Do they still make those? I guess I'm too old for them even if they did but it would definitely be cute and I bet I could put a basket and a bell on it!

I thought I might start out with a more inexpensive bike and if I really like it and use it a lot I could then move up to something more professional. That sounds like a good plan right?

I think that what might have started this was that I saw a movie the other day where one of the characters was always jogging and it looked like fun except for the jogging part. I don't jog or run unless being chased and there have to be large animals with big teeth or armed thugs involved at that. It did make me think, however, that I would like to have an activity like jogging so that's when I became interested in bicycles.

Riding a bike could be a great "Mandy time" activity where I could get some exercise and have some time to just go out and do something that's not work, it's not obligation, it's not consuming anything, it's just doing something and enjoying it. Sounds perfect...

What's something that you do for "me time?"

No comments:

Post a Comment